Monday 6 February 2012

Neutral > Colour

I used to be obsessed with coloured eyeshadows when I first started using makeup. My favourite colours to use were greens, blues and silvers; usually very sparkly and usually by Barry M (Glitter Dust.) But through the years and through experimentation, I feel like I've learnt which looks best suit me. And that is not to say I will never use a coloured eye shadow again- I do however believe there are eye shadows colours best suited for certain eye colours. My eye colour is brown (I like to believe a Mahogany Brown as it has a reddish tinge in the light) so I don't think there is a particular colour I shouldn't wear, however I feel neutral shades and lighter tones compliment them best. In the spirit of budget buys, I am now going to list some of my go-to drugstore shadows...
L’Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Brown Eyes Intensifier colour 511
I adore this colour. It is part of L’Oreal’s range of makeup that is suited for particular eye colours and I believe they hit the nail on the head with this one. It does compliment brown eyes so nicely! It is a sheer pinkish/cream/silver. It is perfect as an all over wash of colour but can also be used with a shimmery dark grey/brown for a smoky eyes effect.
    
No7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow 25 ‘True Gold’
Yes, unfortunately mine recently broke *cries* luckily it broke into large pieces so it is still usable! This eyeshadow does what it says; it is a gorgeous true gold colour. It looks amazing with falsies and a smoky eye for a night out but also works lovely as an everyday colour. On its own it has a glittery gold effect, so it can be kept quite simple for the day. But if you include primer and build it up, it does become a brilliant bright gold. I also get questioned a lot on what shadow I’m wearing when I have this gem on!
       
BOURJOIS Eyeshadow 05 ‘Brun’
A lovely shimmery brown that blends so well with my skin tone that it is almost hard to see! But I love that quality about it as it is great for the days when you want a more natural makeup look. Or the days when you don’t have much time to spend on your makeup, so I will do a quick dust of this on each lid and then apply liner and mascara and my eyes are done! It is also a great shade for when you want to wear a bold lip, as with this shade on, all the focus will be on your lips.
I tried to keep this post as short and sweet as possible. I hope it was still informative, I couldn’t really think of how many more ways I could explain how much I LOVE THESE SHADOWS. I believe they will compliment any kind of skin tone, it just depends how much of the shadow you apply. If you are someone who constantly wears bright colours then I would suggest considering trying neutrals for a change, you might end up liking them more or finding them better suited for certain occasions.
Thank you so much for reading!
Until next time x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment